Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Whole Life: Freeze Dried Treats

I heard about this company called Whole Life who makes freeze dried treats.  I also heard that they send out free samples, so I plugged in and requested some.  I waited a couple weeks and this little white box arrived on my porch last Friday. I opened it up to see... a piece of paper.  When you remove the paper you get:

10 samples of treats!  Each bag contained at least two treats, some as many as five.  Conker seemed to know that the box was for him since he sat very impatiently beside my bed as I rummaged through the box.

Me being me, I had to take all the samples out of the box and line them up on my bed.  I intentionally didn't get them perfect just to spite myself.  They are color coded according to type of protein.

They are in no particular order:  Beef, turkey, chicken, lamb, venison, salmon, cod, beef liver, chicken liver and lamb liver. They make a couple other things too.

I'm not going to post the guaranteed analysis since there are ten items, and since they all consist of one ingredient.  They are all linked though, if you are curious what the GA is on them.

Conker tried three varieties off the bat.  Beef, turkey and chicken.  He loved all three and was performing sits and downs without me asking.  He only does that for something he really really wants.

Anyways, I was curious about the price of these since I haven't seen them in stores, and since Conker liked them so much I might pick up a bag.  I looked online and the prices were OUTRAGEOUS.  The lowest I found (didn't look very hard) was $10 for a 4 ounce bag of the chicken treats, and the price only went up from there.  Then again, these are freeze dried and you get a TON of treats per ounce so maybe the price isn't that bad.  Still, I have yet to see them in person and I'll be able to get a better idea of just how many are in a 4 ounce bag when that happens.


Edit:  I've had Conker try all the other varieties.  He wasn't so fond of the lamb liver or cod but everything else was good.  I think his favorite type is the turkey.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, so many proteins! Thanks for the link about free samplageness. Putting in my request now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehhee...i just put in my request for a free sample! Who doesn't love freebies???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I requested some too! thanks for the heads up on that.

    these are pretty awesome for dogs who require novel proteins.

    ReplyDelete