Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Congee!

I had to post this now because it's exciting!  I got Conker to eat some rice congee (first time ever making it) and he kept whining for more.  I guess in order to get him to eat rice I've got to really overcook it and add in some chicken flavor.  Now to get him to eat it as a complete meal...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, whaddya know? I had congee tonight too. I ate as well as your dog tonight. *laugh*

    Overcooking definitely seems to help my Bows. Helps the taste of the meat infuse into that otherwise bland rice, mm mm mm. I like adding slivers of ginger and sweet potato, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I made some with chicken in it, and added a few beansprouts (to mine) and a few extras to Conker's like a wingtip, heart, some fat I'd cut off the chicken... that sort of stuff. He got half the congee (I only used 1/2 cup of rice, no big pots until I get a good recipe going) so his serving was a little less than two cups. He ate all of it! I really hope he keeps this up instead of deciding he doesn't like it like he did with the oats.

    ReplyDelete