Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dollar Hill Three Months Later

We haven't been to Dollar Hill in three months!  Gosh, I didn't know it had been that long.  Anyways, I didn't feel like going on a long hike but did want to go on a strenuous one, so Conker and I hopped into the Jeep and drove up to Dollar Hill.

I was hoping to be able to see the snow on the mountains surrounding GP.

Where's Conker?

Normally (in the past) it's taken about an hour or so, usually a little more, to get to the cell tower on top of Dollar Hill.  Well today it took less than 40 minutes... for the entire hike.  About 30 for the way up and 5 for the way down!  And that's including rest breaks!  I think I need to start walking instead of driving to this place since it's only a couple miles away.

No snow visible.
Unfortunately the clouds were so low that the snowy mountains weren't visible.  Yesterday would have been a better day for snow-spotting since the clouds weren't hugging the valley like they were today.

We ran, like usual, down the hill.  We did have to slow down in some spots since there was a thick layer of leaves over most of the trail, wet leaves, which were quite slick. Conker was not happy when I made him stick by my side down the hill but I didn't want him to screw up one of his knees on the run down.

Not all of Dollar hill's trail is steep.
It was a nice quick hike and I am probably going to make it the thing to do on Sundays since Cathedral Hills is usually packed on the weekend and parking is hard to find.  There was nobody here today, and there normally isn't, so it will be a good addition to the exercise agenda. 

For comparison shots of what Dollar Hill looked like a couple months ago, visit this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment