Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Whats going on lately?

Not much.

I am attempting to teach Conker how to pull open my door with a piece of rope attached to the handle.  So far he's just grabbed it when I flap it in his face then drop, but today he pulled slightly and got the door to open enough that he could go out.  I hope that with a bit more work I won't have to stand there and wave the rope for him and that he'll grab it and pull on his own.  The whole point of this is so I don't have to let him out of my room, which I keep the door sitting shut but slightly open to retain heat.

Conker doesn't seem to much care about getting dirty.

He makes dirt fashionable and dignifying.


In other news...
I can jog a mile!  Not consecuatively, unless it's entierly downhill, but I am slowly getting back in shape.  It's neat though, that when I first began I couldn't even jog a half block and now I can go something like 7 before I need to slow down and walk for a block or two.
Also, Conker didn't like jogging at first.  But now, after the warm-up walk (about a half mile) he doesn't want to slow down once we begin jogging!  I'm glad he's finally decided that jogging on-leash is fun (he has no problem zooming around on hikes) and he kinda encourages me to keep going. 

Rules:
When walking, we go at my pace.  If Conker wants to stop and sniff something, we do that.
When jogging, we go at Conker's pace.  If he wants to slow down we will, but he rarely does.
Always look both ways before crossing a street at a jog.  If there are any cars, slow to a walk.
No chasing anything, including cats.

Speaking of cats...  Conker chased one across the street the other day and completely ignored me.  The dumbass cat was on our property (so it deserved it) but when it saw Conker it took off across the street to it's house.  The woman who owns it came out and yelled at Conker, "Git! Git you!"  Which I don't think she realized that "git" means "get", as in attack to him. So that didn't help at all and he didn't break off from chasing the cat until the woman stepped after him and he finally heard me bellowing at him.  He comes trotting back like nothing happened... at least he did come back, and at least there were no cars.
So now Conker gets zero off-leash time unless properly enclosed and is gonna get some serious no-chasing-cats training.

2 comments:

  1. omg, at least he came back! If there was a cat Bea would never come back unless I managed to grab her or she killed the cat. Do you take Sasha and Juneau with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't go on too many walks or hikes since they aren't as needy as Conker, but sometimes I do take all three of them out at once. Normally in the middle of the night to avoid other people/dogs/whatever.
    And since Juneau doesn't get along with other dogs so well, they don't go to the dog park as much. If it's the middle of the day/hot/raining then yes, I'll take them. But at the normal time I go there's too many dogs and Juneau will spazz out.

    ReplyDelete