Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Homemade HKK Treats

HKK = Honest Kitchen Keen

I was buggering around on the internets and found myself browsing the recipe section of The Honest Kitchen's site.  I like to make stuff for Conker so I figured I'd give one of them a shot but I couldn't find a recipe that I wanted to make or had all the ingredients for.
So I made one up.

What you need:
1/2 cup of The Honest Kitchen (any variety)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup mashed baked sweet potato (or pumpkin)
1/2 cup warm water
1 egg
1 teaspoon coconut oil (or equivalent)

Mix Honest Kitchen and oats together, add warm water and egg.  Mix some more then add the sweet potato and oil and stir real good.  Let the mixture sit for a short while (about 10 minutes) then spoon the mixture onto a cookie sheet.  Use one spoonful per treat.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.  Longer for less soft-n-squishy treats which I find hold up better.  Let the treats cool before giving them to your dog.  Store in the fridge for a few days or the freezer for a bit longer.  Makes about 15 treats, more of they are smaller.

Yay for supercloseup picture!
Or you could not bake it and just give the batter to your dog straight-up.  I did let Conker have a couple spoonfuls which he thought was equally as delicious as the baked version. Or or you could like, bake it in a loaf, for like, doggy bread or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment