I finally ordered some Honest Kitchen! I got a 4lb box of Keen (OMG it seems like there is so much of it, and it's only the 4lb box!) a trail box of Verve and Thrive and a canister of Lithe Tea. I will be trying this stuff out for the next couple weeks and will do a review once I've gotten my verdict.
Previously I got two samples of Keen and Conker loved it. He didn't react badly to the potatoes in it (much to my amazement) so I decided to give it a longer trail. If all goes well, Keen (and possibly other HK formulas) will become a regular part of his diet and will be used for traveling and such. If Keen doesn't work out then I'll probably try Thrive or Verve next. I much prefer the ingredients in Thrive but it's about $10 more than the Keen, and I'm a cheapie, so I decided to gamble a bit with this one.
Regarding the tea.
I could have very easily gone down to the herb shop and gotten the same stuff that's in the tea. So why didn't I? I'm lazy, that and I wanted to know if it even worked before I buy a bunch of herbs. My herb shop requires you buy an ounce minimum of a lot of things, some of the herbs in the tea are included, and at around $2-3 an ounce I didn't want to have a million bags of herbs everywhere so I just went ahead and got the canister. Plus if it didn't work, I'd have a hellova lot more useless herbs if I went the herb shop route than a little canister.
Anyways...
Today Conker got:
Some Honest Kitchen Keen re-hydrated in Lithe Tea and warm clam juice (do NOT do that, it smells horrid) with some chopped pork mixed in. Conker loved it and keeps coming back to his bowl to check if he got it all.
Looks yummy! Saya loves pork.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to the review on Honest kitchen stuff.
I don't think I'd buy it to feed full time, but would be good for long camping or something.
My pet store has something kinda like this gotta rehydrate it I might give it a try for yummy snack.
Intersted in the tea too.