Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Things in Medford

Conker and I went on a bit of a lame adventure today. We drove down to Medford (which is not that amazing) to check out a pet supply store that supposedly carries good brands. I went there to see if they had any By Nature dog kibble, since they are having a free bag rebate until the 10th, but they, nor the shop I tried yesterday, had any of the dog kibble in stock. So... Yeah, that didn't make me too happy.
But the shop had a very good selection of foods and gear. The foods all had great prices, the gear? Not so great. Conker was less than thrilled to be there once people started asking me questions about him, but warmed up a bit when they broke out the freeze dried treats.

I have been trying to find a Ruff Wear retailer for some time now so I could try a Singletrak pack on Conker. I knew it would be a bit big, since they don't make it in XS and the Small Web Master is too big on Conker. But the Singletrak is made ever so slightly different than the regular Webmaster, and that slight difference made it so that it barely fit him! I am very happy about this, since if I got one I could use it with all three dogs. For Juneau and Sasha it would just be a sort of daypack thing, like Conker's Urban Adventure pack but less floppy. For Conker it would be very similar to his current Ruff Wear pack but not have detachable bags and sit closer to his body so it would be less bulky.
I do plan on getting him a newer Approach eventually, but for now his current setup works just fine.

After our little visit to the pet shop (which I plan on visiting again in the future) I hopped over to Winco, a wholesale store kinda like Costco but no membership is required and it's a hellova lot cheaper. I was quite pleased with the prices of canned fish and mollusks, so I grabbed some (no oysters, which is what I really wanted) which turned out to be about 1/3rd of what they are in GP. Then I spotted the beef heart. There was a lot of it, and if I'd had the freezer space, I would have grabbed all of them. But I didn't so I only got four.

Another terrible cellular phone picture.
The price for the four beefhearts? $10.64 at only $1.68 a pound! That is an astronomically low price compared to what I've paid in the past for beef heart. I will go on another trip sown to Medford for whenever I run low on meatstuffs or someone else goes to grab some more of that nice low-priced beef heart.

4 comments:

  1. There was only one place in town that carried By Nature, and I had to special order the kibble since they normally only stock the cans. Still, free food! One that looks decent enough to try out, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They offered to special order it for me, but I didn't do it. Oh well, maybe next time.

      Delete
  2. Awesome for your beef heart score! I love pictures of real dog food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I love looking at pictures of it too. I can spend hours looking at stuff other people feed their dogs.

      Delete