1. Get Conker to eat. I am stopping all whole foods for a short bit and putting him on a kibble that he has shown a lot of interest in. I am also going to attempt to train him to eat on cue.
2. Figure out digestive issues. While things have gone pretty well in Conker's gut for a good long while, there have been a couple instances of "WTF caused that?" recently which would be nice to clear up.
3. Get out more. I sit on my ass meddling with nutrition numbers too often. I need to go for some more hikes, or at least a walk every now and then.
4. Play with Conker. He has started getting quite obnoxious with his pestering, which would easily be remedied with a good long play session.
Number one on the list is Conker's refusal of foods, and right behind that is digestive issues. Why, you might ask, am I putting Conker on a kibble, if he's been having digestive issues recently? Because so far, he can digest this kibble pretty well. Once things have calmed down a bit in there, and he will eat whatever I put in front of him, I will put him back on whole foods and begin adding items in one by one to figure out what he's been having problems with.
The last two are simply my own problems. I need to get in better shape, and Conker needs more attention. Both are easily fixed, unlike Conker's food issues.
Hope you can figure out why Conker's not eating. He sure looks thin in the picture of your other post.
ReplyDeleteHe's always been on the skinny side, and I think that unless he develops hypothyroidism, he always will be. When I took him to the vet, I asked if she thought he was too thin. She did not, and actually thought that more dogs should be in a similar condition to Conker's. However, that was before he was refusing almost everything I offered him, and before he lost a half pound.
DeleteA funny thing about Conker is, that when I first got him, he was a picky DEMON. He would not eat hardly anything at all, even the kibbles he came with. I was only able to get him to eat regularly when he stole some of my steak and decided to be a bottomless pit for a year. I guess his pickyself is coming back to the surface, I just hope it goes away soon.