Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Shiba wants some millet

Terrible. Blame it on the cell phone's camera.
He sat there, staring, with the same expression for minutes, as I enjoyed my freshly cooked millet. (Yes, millet, birdseed.) He was less than thrilled when I set the pot of mostly eaten millet on the ground before him. He must have thought it was something better, like quinoa, or oats. Two of his favorite grains.
But alas, it was not but a pot with a few sticky millet grains in it. He did eat them, but not as happily as he does quinoa or oats. He hasn't had a good oat meal in over two weeks! And the last time he had quinoa? Over three weeks ago! Poor, poor deprived Shiba. Who eats better than I do. But not by much.

In other news...
Holy mackerel, it hailed today! It was intense but short, and Mom and I ran out in the beginning of it to save our plants. Her flowers, my vegetables. None of my veggies were harmed by the short deluge of sky ice, but I can tell they didn't enjoy it.
Speaking of veggies...
I am, for the first time in like, forever, doing a somewhat decent job of taking care of some plants! I usually kill them within the first few weeks of their existence. So this is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment