I have mentioned a couple times how Conker has slowly grown picky over the months. Well, it's turned into a full-blown picky epidemic with him. What he wants one second, he want's nothing to do with the next. What is food today is refused tomorrow. Only half (if that) of meals are eaten, or outright refused. It's getting quite obnoxious.
Actually, this has been going on since April of last year. Conker decided to boycott his liver for a while.This happened on and off for the next few months, then disappeared for a good while. The pickyness returned full force about three months ago when Conker began refusing things like turkey, which he's previously gone head-over-heels for.
Conker's always been a lean dog. I have not been able to get much fat on him, ever, no matter how hard I tried. I normally wouldn't have a problem with his leanness, I actually prefer dogs that way, if it weren't for the obnoxious fact that since his refusals of enough meals in the past two weeks, he's lost half a pound of weight. Which, for me, is something like 10 pounds.
Oddly enough, he is showing no signs of anything out of the ordinary. Still annoying, hyper, pesters Juneau, chews on writing utensils, wants to play every waking minute, barks at everything... Still normal Conker. Except for the not eating thing.
As of today, he will eat chicken backs, canned fish, roasted chicken, eggs, and occasionally oatmeal. Or whatever I happen to be eating, no matter how bad it might be for him. (wheat). Sometimes. He might not want the chicken back, but will eat ground meat instead. Or will eat a full bowl of oatmeal, but want nothing whatsiever the next day. Unless it happens to be on my plate.
What I find most curious about this is, his appetite has not gone anywhere, it's just really out of whack. He wants food, my food, the Girl's food, just not his food. Even if it was previously mine and is now his. As soon as it's given to him, he no longer wants it. I do not understand what he is doing at all.
I have tried tough luck (a week straight without eating what's offered is alarming) toppers, mixers, feeding him bits off my plate, letting him eat in the kitchen, all sorts of things. Nothing really works.
I am going to attempt a few things I have not tried before. Hopefully one of them will work. If not? It's off to the vet for him, which I'd rather not do. Since I am not made of money, and testing for unknown conditions tens to be expensive.
No comments:
Post a Comment