Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Down

A funny thing has happened quite a number of times in the past. I will call Conker, he will ignore me, so I call him again. When he looks at me, I will say "Conker, Here!" And point to the ground beside me, like an angry parent does with a disobeying child. I expect him to come to me promptly, and to the side that I am pointing at.

He lays down.

Other times he will he trotting over, and he may look at something or slow to a walk, so I will call him again to be sure he comes over. "Conker, Here!" And point to the ground by my side.

He lays down.

I get annoyed, because he just laid down instead of coming over. I told him to come, not lay down. What part of "Conker, Here!" Sounds like "Conker, Down."?
Then it hits me. I told him to come, but right after, I told him to lay down. By pointing at the ground.

Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment