Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Conker is two years old today

Today is Conker's 2nd birthday. Since we just got back from an exhausting trip (lots of running and hiking) we aren't going to do anything special except lounge around the house, and probably go to the dog park/creek a little later.

Hiking in the Badlands Wilderness
I bought Conker a cornish hen, it's defrosting right now, but I doubt he'll eat it. He's been off food recently (I blame the traveling), not eating more than a small handful of kibbles over several days. He did eat a lot of chicken jerky that was given to me at the lure coursing, and a bit of my beef jerky. He showed interest in some Zuke's treats when we were in the Badlands and some freeze dried treats I had, so he ate a lot of those. He had a few bits of kibble when we got home, but nothing else so far.

He's still the same insane Conker, just not eating much at all.

Unfortunately, he really loves bread and would eat as much as he possibly could. If he didn't have those nastyass problems with wheat I'd probably buy him a whole loaf so he would at least be eating something. But, I can't find any bread that ain't got no wheat in it, and I have no clue how to make any (Fail Bread) and he won't touch any homemade foods anyways.


 Happy Birthday Conker! You frustrating little dog.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Conker!

    Maybe he'll like buckwheat bread. Before yesterday, I thought buckwheat is some sort of wheat, but it's actually a fruit seed. I am planning to make some grain free treats with it when I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Conker!

    Hope he gets back on his food soon. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, time flies. I always think he's a lot younger, maybe because of those leggy legs. Happy birthday Conker!

    ReplyDelete