Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Kibble Trials Contestant #5 Before Grain Pork

Note: I accidentally deleted this post, so I am re-doing it. It will be short.

Before Grain is made by Merrick, and was their gran-firee food line. There are several formulas, each with it's own number that associates it with a certain protein in the food. For example: Pork is actually 0.
It has now been discontinued and is being replaced with a food under a regular Merrick label. The ingredients are very similar with few changes, but the packaging is way different.


The Rundown.

Of the formulas offered in my local Petco, the Pork was the only one with no chicken. They did not carry salmon or regular chicken, but did carry buffalo, and I did get a bag of that. But I went with pork first since I am still on the fence about chicken with Conker.



Ingredients:
Pork, Pork Meal, Potato Dehydrated, Dried Pork Protein, Beef Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Salmon Meal, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pork Liver, Sweet Potato Dehydrated, Natural Pork Flavor, Apple, Yeast Culture, Blueberry Dried, Salt, Choline Chloride, Organic Alfalfa , Salmon Oil, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Taurine, Yucca Schidegera Extract, Chicory Root, Marigold Extract, Rosemary Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus fermentation product, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Complex, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Niacin, Lecithin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein……32.0% Min
Crude Fat………15.0% Min
Crude Fiber………3.0% Max
Moisture…………11.0% Max

More will be added later...

2 comments:

  1. Are they discontinuing all the before grain line?
    nmarcone@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For dogs, yes. They are being updated with new formulas that are very similar to the Before Grain line.

      Delete