Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

RMB Day

I haven't done one of these in a while, and since I had some pork shoulder and butt bones just sitting around in the freezer taking up space, I decided to do something about them.

The dogs all got: Pork bone of some sort, an egg, some turkey liver. (Conker did not eat his liver.) The biggest bone was for Juneau, the mid-sized one for Sasha, and the smallest for Conker.

Juneau got right to work on her bone. Juneau is the best behaved dog while waiting for their food, so she always gets to eat first.

Sasha likes to carry her bones into the bushes. I did not get very many pictures of her.

Conker just eats right on the pavement.

Juneau is very delicate when she eats, she takes her time and deconstructs her food bit by bit.


Conker, much to my amazement, actually wanted his food! He was not vocal about it, but was excited while I was preparing and carrying the bowls out to the back. He ate most of his bone and all his egg. He never finishes bones like these, so Sasha usually gets the rest.

It took Juneau twice as long as Sasha to eat her bone.

All the dogs were in need of a good tooth cleaning, and while the bones did not get all the gunk off their teeth, it really did a good job on Conker's. His teeth were starting to look pretty nasty (for a dog who normally has no tartar whatsoever, even a tiny bit looks bad) but the bone brushed them up good. Juneau's teeth are still relatively nice looking since her extraction/cleaning earlier this year, but Sasha's were in need of a good scrub. They still are, so I will probably either just give her another bone soon, or plan another RMB Day for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment