The Rundown.
Innova Red Meat (Large Bites) is one of several foods offered by Innova from puppy to senior. I went with Red Meat because it didn't contain any chicken (which I am still on the fence about) and was on sale for less than the regular adult formula.
![]() |
| The deck has been painted! |
Beef, Lamb Meal, Barley, Brown Rice, Potato, Sunflower Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a Natural Source of Vitamin E), Rice, Lamb, Buffalo, Venison, Flaxseed, Natural Flavors, Apple, Carrot, Herring Oil, Pumpkin, Tomato, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Cottage Cheese, Alfalfa Sprouts, Dried Chicory Root, Taurine, Vitamins (Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Betaine, Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Beta Carotene, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Folic Acid), Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Calcium Carbonate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate), Direct Fed Microbials (Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product), Lecithin, Rosemary Extract
Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (Min) 24.0 %
Crude Fat (Min) 14.0 %
Crude Fiber (Max) 3.0 %
Moisture (Max) 10.0 %
Vitamin E (Min) 300.0 IU/kg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) (Min) 500.0 mg/kg
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Min) 0.4 %
DHA + EPA (Min) 0.1 %
Total Microorganisms (Min) 90,000,000.0 CFU/lb
3914.0 kcal/kg
468.0 kcal/cup
Innova has a handy online feeding calculator, so I will not post the guidelines unless I feel like dragging the bag of kibble out into my trailer and copying them off of that.
So, according to Innova's calculator, for an adult 25 pound dog (I always calculate Conker out at 25 pounds) I would need to feed Conker 1 1/2 cups every day. That makes sense since Innova Red Meat has a pretty high calorie content at 468 kcals per cup. It's even nigher for the regular adult formula.
* Calculated amounts may differ from packaging as some packaging values are based on available feeding trial data.
The normal price for this food was somewhere around $19 for a 6lb bag, around $37 for a 15lb bag. This bag should last around 25+ days, maybe less if Conker ends up needing more than 1 1/2 cup (which he usually does) per day.
The protein in this food is a bit low for my liking, but for the price I paid, it can't hurt to try it.

That's a great price for that quality of food! I look forward to the review. =D
ReplyDelete