This month... I kinda splurged. I was originally going to try to make ti a raw-only month, but certain circumstances (Conker's refusal of food) and several good deals made this month, a food-heavy month. I bought a LOT of food stuffs, both commercial and raw.
Lets see how much the total is.
June 2012
- Food: $98.25
- Treats/Chews: $8.00
- Equipment: $10
Eeek! That's kindof a lot.
Raw foods.
I bought several pounds of beef heart (4 hearts) for about 1.70 per pound, totaling $10.65, and 18.3 pounds of chicken backs for $0.60 a pound for about $10.90, turkey misc for $0.99 per pound for $1.35, tripe (2 pounds) for $5.75, a pound of venison liver for $2, 5 tins of sardines for $0.80 a tin, 2 cans of mackerel for $1.75 a can, 3 cans of clams for $1.65 a can, and a can of salmon for $2.85.
That's $43.95 for raw materials.
Commercial foods.
A 4 pound bag of Fromm Beef Frittata for$13, a 5 pound bag of Fromm Duck and Sweet Potato for $14 ($1 off), a 6.6 pound bag of Before Grain Pork for $13.40, and a 6.6 pound bag of Before Grain Buffalo for $13.90.
I got a free bag of Fromm Duck and Sweet Potato, which otherwise would have cost $14.
That's $54.30 for commercial foods.
Treats/Chews.
I bought a bag of Zuke's salmon Mini Naturals for $5. No idea why. Some trachea chews at the farmer's market for $2 and some pig ear strips at Mini Pet Mart for $1.
Equipment.
I spotted an Outward Hound backpack for $10, figured I'd grab it and try it out, compare it to the Ruff Wear packs. It normally retails for about $30.
Lets see, since June is the half-year mark, I will post the 6 month total that I've spent on Conker so far.
$588
Um... I hope I don't double that by the time this year is over. Then again, I have been buying a lot of commercial foods, which I normally don't, and probably have enough total food to last for at least three months, so I shouldn't need to buy much next month. Hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment