Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

F-15

Baby Beef day 7: Boneless legmeat. Again!



Took all the dogs hiking today.

Conker thought 65 degrees was HOT.

He still managed to keep up with the girls who didn't appear to be affected by the "heatwave". 
Note his right rear leg. Funny gait, most likely caused by his knee. Probably a bad thing.

Still a bit of snow on the far distant mountains. Winter isn't over yet.

We stopped for a group Obligatory Bench photo. Juneau kept jumping off the bench when I told her to get on and wait. Hence the odd posture.

We made our way down into the cool shady forest junction. (There are four different trails that intersect here.) Juneau and Sasha stopped to see why I was standing in the middle of the trail swearing (at my camera). Conker on the other hand blew me off. He's up there somewhere.

We progressed to the new "Katy" trail. The dogs always try to take this one on the way in, but since we usually go a different route into Cathedral Hills, if we were to take it at that juncture we'd end up back at the parking lot. So I save it for last.

They forged ahead, leaving me behind to fiddle with my screenless camera. 

We stopped for another break on a small shaded switchback overlook. Conker decided to sit on his right leg in an odd manner.


This hike was only about 3.5 miles long. I did not do an average or longer hike since Juneau's harness had rubbed her armpit raw on the last hike I took the Girls on. I haven't taken them with for a while to give the sore time to heal. I think it was caused by the velcro straps on the pack section that holds the bags in place, since that is exactly where it would rest. I am going to pad the harness and velcro straps in that area to prevent any further rubbing.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete