We did an average 6 mile hike today. Nothing spectacular happened, if you don't count Juneau attempting to swim in every puddle and creek she found. It was actually quite entertaining watching her try to bathe in a stream the size of my arm.
The dogs all enjoyed the hike. Conker got to ride on my shoulders a few times since his leg was bugging him a bit. I don't know where his harness is so he gets to be carried like that instead of a piece of luggage.
I am thinking of getting him a DoubleBack Harness (if I can find one on sale) to replace his old one instead of an Approach Pack. The DoubleBack has more chest and belly support, which would make it more comfortable for him to be carried in than a regular Web Master. Plus it's a badass harness and Conker would look awesome in it.
Note: Yes, I do exercise Conker on his bad leg. Why? because when I don't, he loses muscle mass which helps hold the patella in place, and the luxation gets worse. So in order to prevent it from getting really bad I still take him on walks and hikes (the longer the better, funny how that works), and play games like tug and fetch, and wrestle.
Every now and then his leg will act up so we either go home or he gets carried, or I end the game. I am very concerned about his leg, but at this point not letting him have any fun is far more damaging than the small risk of injury occurring on a hike.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete