Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Spines and Parties

Baby Beef day 9: Liver, lung, and spine sections. Big meal today!



 
The Girls crunched, munched, ripped, and tore through their spine sections. They LOVED today's meal and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Sasha was very efficient with her section, incredibly wolf-like in the way she ate it. Juneau was a bit more dainty than her sister.

Here's a video of them eating their spine sections. Sorry, no audio.


My neighbor gave me one of those smart phones that she never uses anymore, which has a camera (and is the reason she gave it to me) so I can now take pictures that I can actually see what my subject is and are of semi-decent quality! I can take video and audio recordings too, but I haven't figured out if the video is always silent or what yet. Still learning how to use this thing.
(No, I will not be using it as a phone. Just a camera.)


Today my neighbor (who gave me the smartphone) threw a birthday party for her Carin Terrier, Toby, who is turning 9. There was something like 16 or so dogs who showed up, including my three. All of whom behaved much better than I thought they would, no fights or squabbles occurred. (Conker and Juneau barked a few times but didn't start anything.)
There was an assortment of dogs: Bullmastiff, Bloodhound, Bulldog, Yorkshire, Carin, Tibetan, and West Highland White Terriers, my two mutts, a Standard Poodle, The Emperor (a.k.a. Shiba Inu), Dachshund, and a generic Labbish dog.
I lent Conker to an elderly Irish lady for the party since she had no dog of her own, with whom Conker became good friends and behaved nicely for. We tied balloons to the dog's collars and marched them down the street, people giving us odd looks, some coming out to see what the parade was for.
After the parade we migrated to the backyard for cake and yogurt snacks, which Sasha hogged out on, eating Juneau's share several times, and Conker ignored.

Overall it was a lot of fun, the dogs enjoyed it (especially Sasha who is now in a food-induced coma), and I am very proud of Conker for not being a jackass to everyone and behaving well for the Irish lady.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. :)

    Beef ribs is only thing Saya will use her paws on her food.

    Her pork head is great work out for her took her 16minutes to eat compared to how quick she eats a chicken wing.

    I don't know enough dog people to invite for Saya or Bella party's, but Saya and Bella doesn't mind more dog cake for them. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the girls are using their paws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're getting pretty good at that. When I first started the Baby Beef they would just sortof lightly hold the bones, now they get right to work and push down when they rip the meat off. It's pretty cool to watch.

      Delete