Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Filling up the freezer

Oh boy Juneau and Sasha are going to be quite happy! Conker... maybe, depends on what it is.

Two large boxes (and a black garbage bag) full of free meats! I put an ad on craigslist for unwanted/freezerburnt meat, and along with the Baby Beef, this is what I have gotten from it. I've had several other people call, two were too far away and the third never showed at the meeting spot, but this last one turned out to be pretty good.

Contained in the boxes (and bag) is roughly: Various parts of chickens (whole, legs, breast, etc.), beef organs (tongue, heart, liver), various pork items (hams, sausage, loins), various beef cuts, I think some venison, some fish, eggs, assorted veggies (I will make a mush out of them), lamb parts (leg, breast), some seafood, and a couple other random things (meatloaf?). In total, about 150 pounds of food. For free!
Most of it is pretty freezerburnt, but as long as it doesn't smell like death, it will be fine to feed.

There is NO room whatsoever in the freezer for anything else.


In other news...

If you guessed more legbones with a bunch of organs...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete