Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Small Conker Update

Baby Beef day 6: More legbones! And a bunch of organs.

Conker briefly investigated the bones but would not lick them. He still won't touch any part of the Baby Beef.


Anywho...
Conker has developed inconsistent eating habits again. His old favorite, raw eggs, are no longer a favorite and have been reduced to "No, I'm not going to eat that." status. He will sometimes eat his kibble, sometimes, but hardly ever finishes a full portion in one sitting. Sometimes he does, but not as the norm. He loves raw bacon though, and that is how I get him to eat his supplement pills. Not the best thing to use, but it works. For now.

He also doesn't seem to have any interest whatsoever in any form of normally fed raw foods. He used to be fine with turkey necks, now they are bad. Beef liver is bad. Chicken is bad. Even ground beef is bad!

I am starting to think he's got some other sort of digestive problem in addition to not digesting stuff normally. Now that he's been eating mainly kibble for a while now, I believe it is going to be tough to, digestively, transfer him back to raw foods. He is able to eat kibble and raw intermittently, without digestive issues, but he has occasionally thrown up after eating some raw items. This is a new problem that has not been an issue in the past. Digestive upset that results in nastyass poop is what I'd expect from this, not throwing up. That is a new symptom.
Maybe it's an acid reflux problem. Either way, whenever he throws up after eating something, no matter what it is, he becomes averse to that item in any form.

Oh, and he has no interest in his previous favorite chews, bully sticks. So now I've got all these bully sticks sitting around and he won't touch them. 

I am once again on a quest to figure out what is wrong with Conker's digestive system. Is it this new kibble? Is it because it's chicken-based? Is it some other problem that's been hidden for a while and is just now showing it's ugly head? Or is he just being a jackass? I have no idea what it might be.

Whatever it is, it hasn't affected him in any other manner except appetite, which is big but not for his foods. He is still the obnoxious Emperor Conker and is still a very energetic dog, enjoys hikes, and loves to play rough games.
I do not think a vet visit is in order unless that begins to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment