Today was a nice day, so there were naturally a lot of people at the dog park. Hank and River were there, and a mix puppy I'd met once before. The Mini Aussie Rocket (who tried to hump my leg) and Shadow were there, the Westies showed up, a 7 month Siberian Husky was there...
There were 11 dogs at one point. It was fun.
Conker got along with everybody, as usual. The owner of the Siberian was knowledgeable on the breed, unlike most people who get Siberians, and was fun to talk to. I'm hoping she'll come to that park more often than the other dog park she goes to more often.
After most of the people left it was me and Conker, River, Parker the Poodle and his Lab friend, then two people came in with their dogs. An Australian Shepherd who was a sweetie and a full blooded Catahoula Leopard Dog named Harley.
That was the highlight of my day. Harley was awesome! She was so neat to watch, her colors and patterns were amazing and her owners were very nice people who were surprised I even knew what Harley was. Conker, much to my amazement, actually let them pet him! A woman and man whom he'd never met before, he let them unleash their love on him. Full-on scratches and rubs, kisses, everything. That was something right there, and that made me very happy to see.
Sadly I didn't get any pictures of any of the dogs since I was so busy talking and watching them play. But I did get this shot of Conker heeling as we walked home.
Kinda hard to tell that he's walking beside me, but if you notice my shadow's legs, he is right between them and the sun was at an angle that made that right beside me.
No comments:
Post a Comment