Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Guests Lucky and Star

Today I went over to a friend of my mother's place to walk her two dogs Lucky and Star.  I've met them before, they are fun dogs.  Mom's friend has been super busy lately and hasn't had time to walk the two dogs and I agreed to take them for an hour or so and give them something to do.
They are very jumpy at first, especially Lucky, but I was able to avoid getting my eyes stabbed out with their noses this time.  They sounded like dolphins the entire time I was preparing the leash-thing but when I went to take a video they stopped.  Maybe next time I'll be able to get one.  They were pretty funny sounding.

Lucky, the tan one, also the boy.  He is the super jumper and last time I saw him his nose ended up in my eye and I couldn't see straight for about four hours.  But he didn't mean to do that, he was just super happy to see me.

Star, the blackish greyblue one. She is a bit calmer than Lucky but still tried to lick my face off when I arrived.

I have no idea what kind of dogs they are.  Jill told me they were labeled as Border Collie mixes at the shelter she got them from.  I don't see Border Collie when I first look at them, maybe a bit of Shar Pei and Pit Bull, but not much BC.  Either way, they are neat dogs.


The walk started with me nearly getting yanked off my feet.  I stopped and refused to move for a good five minutes and in that time they figured out that pull=stop.  They pulled a little here and there but nothing worthy of another five minute halt.  Lucky liked to sniff and pee on things and I only let him do that every other bush.  He almost got Star's head a couple times.
We went about two miles there and back.  At the one mile mark we stopped for a water break.  I whipped out my handy dandy HydroBowl that Mom gave me for Christmas last year.  Lucky was glad for the water instantly but Star wouldn't drink right away.  I splashed some water on her head to cool her off since they were panting a lot.  After that she figured out funny bowl=water and drank some.


In other news...

We FINALLY got Taste of the Wild for the Girls!  I put a small mount in their bowls next to their Pedigree garbage to see what they'd do with it instead of mixing it in.  They ate the Taste of the Wild first.
More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment