What do you think is going on ins this picture? Is Conker biting my hand? Yes. Is he doing it aggressively? No. Am I grabbing his mouth? Yes. Is it a form of punishment? No. Both of us are playing.
I roughhouse with my dog to the point where it looks like both of us is going to kill the other but a simple "that's enough" stops the game if I feel Conker is going at it with a bit too much teeth. If if don't do this every morning he'll sit near my bed and chirp at me until I do. He'll even chirp if I kick him out of my room.
It's the most annoying sound I've ever heard.
yup! I do the same thing with Buffy. Some people get kind of freaked out watching it, but she never bites down, and has a huge amount of control. She can fit my entire wrist in her mouth though, which is kind of intimidating. She doesn't like playing with other dogs at all, so she gets all her roughhousing done with my boyfriend or myself.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, love the picture!
Nice picture Saya likes to rough house with me too.
ReplyDeleteShe has Bella the boxer to wrestle with, but she loves to play with me too especially when Bella is tired and Saya still has energy to burn. lol