Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Today kinda sucked.

 Today as a whole was lame.  It began with a fight at the dog park (between Hank and his brother Rudy, several fights actually), tons of rain, a fight between Conker and Hank right before Hank's owner gave us a ride home (due to intense rain) and a fight between Conker and Juneau with absolutely NO provocation from Juneau for NO REASON.  He put two holes in her ear while she just stood there and took it... Yeah, super lame.


Okay so, just now Conker tried to steal some of my food.  No big deal, dogs do that, they're dogs.  But this time it was different.
I always put my dishes either on the computer beside me (about 1.5 feet high, the 'puter is on the ground) or on the ground right in front of it.  Dishes are only there for a short period of time, and I only do that so my desk won't be taken up by them since it's very small.  They are almost always completely empty since I lick them clean.

Anyways, what happened?  I was petting Juneau and had put my lasagna on the floor.  Conker growls at Juneau, then dashes to eat my lasagna, I get ticked and pick him up, he gets ticked and tries to attack Juneau and I... Not cool.
I didn't like the way he tried to eat my food.  He did it fast, and with the intent of eating it all right then and there.  He didn't and only got in a lick or two, but he should know better.  I've tried hard to train him to leave people food alone but recently he's been lapsing in that department.

Yes, it was my fault for putting the lasagna on the floor, but I didn't know he would think it was his and then try to eat it and defend.  Today just sucked, and I hope tomorrow is better.
(Probably won't be since it's supposed to rain.. again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment