Conker gets a probiotic with every protein change or when introducing new ones. I've found that simply giving him new stuff without it can and most likely will result in problems. The addition of a probiotic has made that almost never happen, so I pony up and buy them for him.
The first probiotic I tried is Ark Natural's Gentle Digest and it worked very well. The bottle cost me roughly $13 from my favorite St. Louis pet store and contained 60 capsules. It's active ingredients are simple: Bacillus Coagulans (Lactobacillius Sporogenes) and Chicory. Inactive ingredients are: Dicalcium phosphate, gelatin, magnesium searate and rice flour.
The ANGD contains not only probiotics (spore stuff) but prebiotics as well (chicory).
The second probiotic, which got it's first test today, is Futurebiotics Longest Living Acidophilus. This bottle cost under $10 at local grocery R and has 100 capsules. It's got a few more active ingredients: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus sporogenes. It's inactive ingredients are: Modified celluloce, ride powder, beet fiber, vegetarian stearate and silica.
The FLLA doesn't have a prebiotic and has a couple questionable ingredients. However, I haven't been able to find ANGD anywhere here in GP yet, and I'm not a fan of ordering stuff online so I went with something I could find that looked okay. We'll see how well it did with tomorrow's poop, and if it's so-so, I might try adding chicory root and see how that goes, since I hear that chicory root has some amazing affects on a dog's digestive system.
No comments:
Post a Comment