That's how younger-taller brother feels about Conker. Just a dog.
Last night younger-taller brother was in my room harassing Conker, as usual, and he asked me "What would you do if someone stole Conker?" I glared and said "Anything." "Even pay a thousand dollars?" He asked. "I'd go into debt to get him back." I reply. "I wouldn't" He says. "It's just a dog. I'd just get another one."
I tried to explain to him how Conker isn't "Just a dog" to me but he is a thickheaded fuck who thinks he's right, always, and wouldn't listen to my reasons.
And today, I caught Conker in the kitchen with Mom. I don't want him in there since he begs and eats stuff he shouldn't. I found a grape and some grape vine things on the ground and asked Mom if she saw Conker eat one. Asshole brother says "So what?" I told him grapes are poisonous to dogs and again he is a douchebag. "Sasha eats grapes and hasn't died yet."
The best part? After telling him that dogs shouldn't eat grapes and why, he has the nerve to say this.
"Well if I'm eating grapes and Conker wants one, I'm going to give it to him."
Enter choise words.
"It's just a dog." He says.
So if you hear about a murder in Grant's Pass, it was me killing my fucking idiot of a brother.
Yeah, "It's just a dog" is one of those that phrases that immediately puts up a huge wall between me and the speaker.
ReplyDeleteI once did a 180 spin into a shallow ditch because I hit the brakes too hard on snowy roads trying to avoid hitting a stray chocolate Lab. I flattened a mailbox instead. Doofy lab came up to me wagging his tail to see if I was okay when I climbed out of the car. Luckily, I was fine, the car was fine, but it needed to be pushed out of the ditch. A couple neighbors came by to help me get the car out and said they'd hold onto the lab (who had no tags) until the owner could be found.
"Next time, don't hit your brakes," advised the man. "It'd be safer to run him over. It's just a dog."
I was kind of speechless.
Granted, that was a stranger, not a family member. It's way more offensive when it comes from your own.
So sad.
ReplyDeleteMy cousin has a pug and they give it onions and any type of table scraps.
They said they never knew dogs couldn't have onions.. I'm sure they still give her the stuff too.
I hate it when people say it's just a dog.
Sadly when we have guests over their kids try to feed dink our 15 year old dog chips and stuff.
She can snatch food and all I need is for the kid to get bit because they offered the dog food plus I don't care to clean up her miss..