Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sleepover

,I am going to be watching Lucky and Star tonight.  Their owner is going out of town or something and I'm gonna go over there and spend the night with them.  Some people would find that odd, but I would prefer it if my dog was actually being watched rather than "watched", as in someone comes over, feeds, walks, plays with then leaves. 
My biggest concern is leaving Conker here with... younger-taller brother.  Mom told him to listen to what I say, he's my dog and any rules I make up about him should be followed by everyone and not just me.  So hopefully younger-taller brother will not harass Conker while I'm gone.


In other news, I've been playing around with wordpress.  I still don't know if I'm going to switch over to it yet.  Blogger is certainly MUCH easier to use, but is lacking a few things that wordpress has.  My biggest issue with wordpress is the lack of customizable templates and if you do want to customize, you have to pay first.  Super stupid.
Anyways, if you want to check out my "trial" worpress blog, it's right here.

2 comments:

  1. I thought a lot of the templates were quite customizable if you know CSS tweaks. At any rate, you can mess with colors, backgrounds, headers, and I think even font and things like that, free of charge. At any rate, I'm happy with my wordpress. =)

    What are the specific things that blogger lacks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The I can't for the life of me get (with my current template, I don't know about others) images to go more than one in a row. I'd like to be able to post two or three right next to each other, but so far I haven't figured out how to do that.

    I like being able to reply to a comment (like on wordpress) instead of just comment and have to "talk" to the person the reply is meant for.

    The way wordpress's dashboard is set up has a lot more stuff than blogger's.
    I also like how wordpress seems a bit more professional than blogger. I like casual simple things sometimes, but when it comes to the organization of it, I like wordpress a lot more.


    As for the customizable thing,
    I had designed a really neat looking wordpress theme thing but I couldn't use it since I had to pay first. That was a real bummer since I spent all that time doing it. That was a long time ago though and I don't know if I can still find it. (been cleaning up my computer recently.)

    But with blogger, while I can control just about everything regarding looks, when I changed the width of the template it messed up everything. I like the width of the template I used on my wordpress a lot more than what I can do with this one without making it look ridiculous.

    I guess in the end I just like the feel wordpress has more than blogger. I still don't know if I'm set on switching yet though, but it's leaning more in favor of wordpress.

    ReplyDelete