Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The food of June

In a month (and two days) Conker will be a year old.  I'm going to "blog" every one of Conker's meals through the month of June since I've decided that I'm going to experiment with his diet a bit starting on July 1st.  I'm going to take notes on as much as I can;  Teeth, smell, coat, poop, nails, breath, itches... whatever I notice and write that down as "normal" for him.
Conker will still be eating raw but I'm going to get a bit more adventurous and add in meats he hasn't had, give a few fruits and veggies a shot and generally attempt to find out what he can and can't take and what keeps him in the best of shape. 

While I believe that prey-model raw is probably the best thing for Conker, I'd like to try out a few things before I set that in stone in my mind.  I'm going to compare all the new stuff against Conker's "normal" profile and see what changes, for better or worse, and try to get a hold on what the best diet for him consists of.

I didn't want to do it until he was at least a year since he was still a pup and growing, but I think a year is old enough for me to give this a shot.
I'm also going to try to get Conker to the vet sometime in the next month since I'd like to do a blood panel on him and get his Patella grades diagnosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment