I am only going to include Conker's expenses. While I may buy the food for Juneau and Sasha, I'm not using my money to do it. Same goes with vet expenses for those two. Stuff like toys, leashes, harnesses, etc. is included since I don't plan on leaving that here if/when I move out.
If I don't spend any money in any given category (food, vet/medical, accessories, whatever) then it won't be listed. I also tend to round up so the totals are a bit higher by a couple cents.
Anywho...
January 2012
- Food: $5.20
- Toys: $17.00
- Treats and Chews: $11.40
- Other: $11.00
Food
I bought some gizzards, canned clams and a turkey neck. Not much this past month because I've still got a lot of The Honest Kitchen left and quite a bit of frozen meat in the freezer.
Toys
Two new toys from Altrec: Ruff Wear's Sqwash and TurnUp. So far they have been very good investments.
Treats and Chews
Conker got a new bag of Zuke's Mini Naturals since I had almost run out, a couple Z-Bones, and some Z-Fillet that we got at a killer deal.
Other
Since they count as mine, even though some of it's for Sasha and Juneau: Straps and buckles for the Approach Packs, as well as some O rings, bolt snaps, and rope thingies for the horse-leads I bought a while ago to make them double-sided.
And that's it for January!
This will be the new doggie blog trend of 2012. :)
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! Finance-savvy shibas FTW!
DeleteBTW, I haven't been able to comment on half these blogger pages for some time now.
DeleteI can't seem to comment on yours at all, Maya. =(
And I can only comment here with this weird icon?
Not sure what's going on.
Blogger glitches up for me a lot of the time and I have to come back later if I want to leave a comment. I dunno what it's problem is.
DeleteSeems like Blogger changed my settings to require sign in for comments. I just changed it back to allow anonymous comments. I hope this will resolve the problem. :p
DeleteI messed around with the settings a bit just now, so maybe it'll work better. None of them were changed from what I know, but I made it easier to comment, I guess? Eh, we'll see.
ReplyDelete*testing* *testing* ...
DeleteAnother weird one that's happening for me on some blogger blogs is that I'll fail the Captcha every time... even though I *AM* inputting exactly what I see. Aiya.
I guess it helps me keep my mouth shut and get back to work though.
I did something like this when I started Saya on raw kept all the receipts it was fun sadly I forgot to write down prices of the farmer market stuff they don't give receipts.
ReplyDeleteI plan to start up my food price log and even write lb of the items bought so it shows how good price it is etc..
I don't think I'll track vet or toy expense my life is hectic enough..
I think it'd be interesting to track price/pound of items too. I note that in my paper trail, but I don't include that in my roundups. When I went back to visit my parents, I remember being shocked by the significantly lower costs of meat in the Midwest. Then again, we have Chinatowns around here... I'm just not sure I trust a lot of them...
DeleteThat would be an interesting thing to add, the per pound price.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to have some ethnic markets to shop at but GP is very bland in that department. There's always craigslist but... My Central Phoenix upbringing warns against that. Just because GP is a nice place with an almost 0 crime rate doesn't mean the free meat you're getting from BobbyJoe up the street doesn't have some whack chemical in it. You never know, and I'd rather not take that chance.