I made this thing a couple years ago during my last semester at the community college I went to school to learn welding. It was the third metal sculpture I'd made, and by far my favorite.
It's made from 14 gauge cold rolled steel. Nice, thick, quality stuff. It's about 5 feet long.
It's articulated in many places. Head, body, fins, tail, so it can be posed or whatever. It used to have a movable lower jaw but the rod holding it on broke somehow and since I don't have a welder, I haven't been able to fix it yet.
It's based off a sturgeon, barracuda and thresher shark.
Right now it lives under a small tree in the back yard. The dogs are smart to avoid it, it can easily hurt someone with all it's sharp rusty edges.
If I had a welder, the whole yard would be filled with stuff like this. But I don't, so it's rather boring.
Looks pretty awesome! :)
ReplyDelete