While in Arizona I took Conker to the white tank Mountains located on the far western side of Phoenix. It was a short drive from my grandparent's place and unfortunately, we only went once. I would have liked to have gotten in more desert hiking but it just didn't happen.
The trail we took (Ford Canyon and connectors) started out as an easy walk. It was flat, the trail was wide and there were relatively few people around. Conker had to stay leashed (park rules) or he's have been let off to roam the trail at his own pace.
| Never complete without a Shiba butt photo or two |
Speaking of cactus...
It has been some years since I'd seen a saguaro. Like the other cacti, Conker got stabbed by this one too. I also happened to step on one of it's spines that had fallen to the ground (remember, I wear those thin-soled Vibram toe shoes).
So we continued down the nice trail. We didn't see too many animals but every now and then one of those desert jackrabbits would show up and Conker would go bonkers. He wanted to chase them really bad, so I guess it's a good thing he was on a leash.
| Conker being adventurous |
After the ravine the trail got more interesting. It stopped being flat and well groomed and turned into a jagged, rough and rocky trail. This is what I'd been looking for, something that made you pay attention to where you're going.
| Grass! |
Conker didn't much care though, so we kept going after I snapped a couple shots of the grass.
| Interesting... |
Part 2
No comments:
Post a Comment