Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First visit to Cathedral Hills in the year 2012

Argh it's 10 days into 2012 and we hadn't been to Cathedral hills yet! So I packed the dogs up and drove them down there for a quick 3 1/3 mile hike. I went a bit later than I normally do and ran into school traffic (buses, school zones, etc.) on the way there. I usually hit that stuff on the way back, and around that time, a lot of people flock to the hiking trails so I thought it might have been a bit crowded.
It wasn't at first, but it sure was when we left. There was a line for my parking spot.

Blurry!
Of course the Fuji messed up every picture I took, so there are no good ones to show.  We had fun though, and for the most part the dogs all listened well enough to be off-leash for most of the hike.

Conker and Sasha expecting treats.
Juneau actually had better recall than Conker, which isn't usually the case.  She gets better with every hike but still has some spots that need working out here and there. Sasha, I don't know if I'll ever get her to fully ignore the fresh horse crap that's abundant on the trails.

Derp Dog
But when she does listen, she's very enthusiastic about it.

1 comment:

  1. Horse crap nature's purfume.. lol

    Saya luckily aviuds poop pretty much she did pick up a deer poop once so gross! Luckily she dropped it when I told her to and thankfully I had a paper towel with me to wipe her mouth.

    So yucky! After that she hasn't messed with any deer poop maybe the act of me wiping her mouth deterred her? lol

    Bella my mom's boxer rolled into coyote poop she was so happy with her stiny self.

    She got a long bath after that.

    Saya is pretty good off leash she stays in my yard and doesn't run off. Bella she used to be good off leash, but no longer due to various incidence of my dad yelling at her plus I think her hypothyroidism makes her more flighty..

    ReplyDelete