Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Lets play: Where's That Tooth!

Remember when Sasha chipped a tooth? Well, Juneau BROKE a tooth.  See if you can find it.

This picture is terrible, courtesy of Fuji. Juneau's other teeth don't look that bad.
Not much left, is there?
Same tooth as Sasha, same side as Sahsa.  Again I have no idea what caused this.  None of the dogs have been given any hard chews lately and I can't remember if I checked the Girls' teeth right when I got back from Arizona or if the other day was the first time. Either way, this tooth was definitely intact when we left and was either busted during the trip or shortly after we got back.

Reused wolf skull image for comparison.
I don't think it's going to be a particularly cheap fix.  The pulp is exposed in not one but two places, most of the external carnassial is gone. Mom still thinks dogs don't need dental care but I know they do. However, she knows that this break is worse than Sasha's and that Juneau needs to have it looked at soon.  Until then, I am going to monitor the tooth daily and keep it clean, and if I have to, I will take Juneau to the vet myself.

What a way to start the new year. I hope this does not become a trend.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about this. :(

    I hope it works out OK. I know how dental work is my past dogs had it done when they were old.. :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, time to get to know your local veterinarians, huh? =) What a way to ring in the new year... Hope your local vets are cheaper than ours!

    p.s. February is known as "national pet dental month," and lots of vets give discounts then. Don't know if this can wait until then, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to let you know that I am passing along the Liebster blog award to you! I always love reading about your adventures with Conker. You can learn more about the award on today's entry.

    ReplyDelete