Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Updates for the next two weeks

Pictures (new pictures) will be absent on the blog due to the camera being in Hawaii. So, in order to make up for that, happenings will be just text and some postings will be stuff that's occurred in the past (like finishing up the Arizona Adventure series) that will have pictures taken during them. I'm probably going to do a couple more reviews too, since I've got some drafted up and are bored with them sitting around doing nothing.


Conker is spending more and more time out with the Girls at night. He does come in to sleep on the bed with me after a while but I'm starting to think he might decide to spend a full night out there. No worries, I'm not upset about that. Glad, actually. I'll have more room to myself if he does.

I'm going to start re-training him. Not because it's supposedly "train your pet month" or whatever, I'm a bit late to get on that bus. But simply because I think he could use some real obedience training. He's already pretty good about some things but due to his issue with being indoors and strangers, I haven't been able to take him to a class where he doesn't begin to shut down.  He's moderately okay in petshops but as soon as someone looks at him, that's it.
So I'm hoping that training him some more will help with the other problems if I can get him to focus more on me instead of what's bothering him. It will be slow and take a while, but I've decided to quit beating the rug and...
I have no idea where I was going with that.
To quit "dealing with it" and face the actual problem and find a way to remedy it. Like I've stated in the past, I don't want him to love every stranger or building he sees. I just don't want him to flip his shit.

I've had Conker for over a year. He is one and a half years old and I haven't done very much to combat this issue. Issues. I'd rather not just keep him where he is if there's a possibility of getting him more comfortable with strangers and being inside buildings. And I'd especially like for him to not get worse. I have seen that happen, and quite recently too. (Talking at you, siblings of great aggravation. You know who you are.)

I think if I can get him to earn the CGC this September, that will be a really good step for him.


In other news...
The internet continues to crash my computer with increasing frequency. It's not fun browsing the net with a 10 year old machine that can't run the latest updates (for about 3 versions or so) of required software and plugins due to it's ancient-ness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment