Conker is commonly mistaken for a fox, puppy or Basenji, sometimes even a Husky or Akita. I have gotten used to this, but yesterday I got a really funny one.
"Is that a Vizsla?"
Um... a what? Vizsla? Really?
I don't think this:
Looks ANTYTHING like this:
I politely corrected the mistaken person then went home and laughed my head off.
That ID is so wrong, they must have been mistaken at a dog show or something. Like they looked across the crowd and asked someone next to them, what breed is that, pointing. And the person who told them thought they were pointing at the wrong breed. I mean. VISZLA. Not even on the same planet. I mean, what, they both have an S and I in the names. LOL.
ReplyDeleteSo funny!
ReplyDeleteSaya was mistaken as a Alaskan klee kai once.
A grown up woman had even said that's a coyote dog.. Really how does a B&T shiba look like a coyote dog? Maybe a sesame, but B&T?
I asked if she was joking or meant she looked wild or something and she said she really thought Saya was part coyote.
This is a new one.. lol
I also get when I inform Saya is a shiba they're like I thought they only came in red coloring. Red does seem more common so guess makes sense for average person to not know.
Vizsla is pronounced kinda like shiba. It's just reversed shee vs. eesh.
ReplyDeleteYeah, they do sound similar. These people were quite confused when I told them Shiba Inu though. "What's that? Never heard of it before." Is the response I got.
Delete