Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Burrs

So, I went hiking yesterday and took all the dogs with me. Somehow everyone thought it would be fun to completly ignore me and run around off the trail. Ah well, no biggie. Then I remembered the burrs.

Oh no, I HATE those...

All three dogs probably had about 800 burrs collectively attached to their fur and harnesses.  Ooooh fun.  Luckily, I have a secret weapon to combat the burrs.  A metal flea comb.

A small, very small, fraction of burrs.
Unfortunately none of the dogs would sit still long enough for me to be able to get a picture of their new decorations, and since Fuji is stupid even outside, you only get pictures of burs on harness straps.

Small amount on harness strap and in background.
It didn't take as long as I thought it would to get most of the burrs out of the dogs fur.  Maybe 20 minutes or so, because I was getting them out with a flea comb instead of my fingers.  So if you've got a dog who likes to get burrs stuck all over their dumbess, get a metal flea comb. It will cut down on de-burring time immensely. 

1 comment:

  1. Burrs are always fun! Saya gets them on her sometimes and she also get these seeds that have a small hook on them not sharp enough to puncture just to cling on and I always see them and go OMG Tick!

    Then I see it's a few seeds which are better then a tick.. easier to remove. lol

    ReplyDelete