Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

We went hiking on Dollar Hill today

Not the usual day to hike, but since Mom and her BF went to the coast with no warning and messed up my plans, I had to rearange things so I took the dogs hiking today instead of tomorrow.
I took all three dogs, something I don't normally do.
Anyways, it was relatively uneventful.  Juneau was being her normal excited-about-everything-and-pulling-like-crazy self, Sasha was pretty meh and Conker was... regular.  They all enjoyed it though.  My favorite part about the hike was this:

It was somewhat overcast in GP but above it was beautiful.  I was not expecting this view at all and while untangling myself from a mass of dog leashes, legs and tails, I spotted this out of the corner of my eye and turned to have a look.

Conker being stupid and going off the trail.
Conker didn't seem impressed. Not pictured on his face is the TICK I swatted off a moment later.  I thoroughly searched all dogs for ticks after the hike and thankfully didn't find any more.
(DayPack review is in the works.)

The view of GP from the top of the hill was equally awesome.  I really like the clouds that hang over it when seen from above, it reminds me of being in a plane.

The pictures of Juneau and Sasha are largely unimpressive, thanks to the Fuji's retardism.  I did however snap this shot which I later edited to look like an out-of-focus black and white film image.

Derp Dog is super cute, even when out of focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment