Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The weather was a bit odd today

Dunno what was up with that. It's been odd a lot lately. Forecast for rain, we get sun. Forecast for clouds and light winds, we get drenched. Stuff like that.


Anywho, Conker continued to boycott eating his food for two days before I got fed up with him. See, there's nothing wrong with him. He just didn't want his food. He wanted everyone else's food like he normally does, but his food, no. Not interested. At. All.
Why was he not interested in his food?
I was attempting to get him to eat Coot.  When I'd cooked up the Coot I shot, Conker almost stole it off my plate. Good! I thought, He'll eat the rest of it with no problems. I was wrong.

Conker flat-out refused to eat any of it. Heart (he loves heart), gizzard, kidneys, lungs, neck (also loves necks) frame, liver, feet... all of it. This is the first time since the liver incident that Conker has completly refused to eat something.
And I don't know why.
I somehow got Conker to strip a tiny bit of meat off a neck and crunch a little, but still nothing. So after the first day of boycotting, Sasha got Conker's food. She munched it up, everything, without a hitch. She wanted more, but there was none left that day.

Day two of boycotting got Conker to eat a bit of breast that had some meat attached to it, and the frame, but he still refused everything else. I sat on the kitchen floor at 3:50 in the morning last night shaking the frame and saying, "Good boy Conker! Git it! Git git!" As he licked the frame to death. Took him 30 minutes to eat it. He did not enjoy it.  I made a huge bloody mess on the floor and am glad I decided to attempt to get Conker to eat in the middle of the night. Nobody would have been happy to come down to that.

This morning I offered the rest of the Coot to Conker. Again it got rejected. Juneau happily slurped it up but wasn't sure what to do with a foot, so Sasha stole it and ran off to eat it on the living room carpet.

I've discovered that Conker wants the meat, but nothing else. He tried to strip only the meat off every time he nibbled on something. Didn't want the bones or organs, just the meat. Weirdo.
So any future Coots I shoot will be offered to Conker, and if they are not eaten, give to one of the Girls.  I think that I might be able to get Conker to eat Coot if I grind everything up with the meat (and maybe some other kind of meat to make it... better?) but for now, since I have no meat grinder, he gets to be a stubborn buttface who eats "normal" stuff like chicken.  Which is what he eventually got today and ate it without any problem whatsoever.

1 comment:

  1. Bella my mom's boxer was like that with her portion of Canadian goose boneless meat and pheasant or quail, she refused it.

    after three or four days of offering it she ate little bit of the meat first she bite it spit it out then bite it and spit then she finally ate it.

    She usually a food hog, but not with the goose.

    She really hated the pheasant/quail.. I eventually just gave it to Saya.

    Saya loves goose and quail no prob..

    Bella finally likes the goose she still gives a bit of fuss she ate the goose back with no issue.

    Maybe he'll come to like coot eventually.

    Saya loves whole animals like quail and rabbits.

    ReplyDelete