Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Conker's Teeth

I figured since I had some of Sasha's teeth to compare that I'd post a picture of Conker's.

The only teeth that have any visible plaque are the carnassal teeth and a couple rear molars.  All other teeth look awesome.

Conker is one year and one month old.  His teeth aren't really kept clean by his raw diet (as some people claim) since he does not chew his food.  He gets smallish bones that are crunched one or two times then swallowed so he gets almost none of the cleaning benefits of bones.  I am working on a hunk of pork that's got a good sized bone in it that I'm going to let him gnaw on but I haven't made too many pork meals lately and that hunk is taking a while to get used up.

Other than his food, Conker regularly gets these chews.

Beef trachea:  Little to no cleaning action.
Bully sticks:  Some cleaning action.
Cow hoof: Cleans better than a bully stick.
Zuke's Z-Ridge/Z-Bones:  Still can't tell with this one yet. 

I'm testing the Z-Ridge and Z-Bones right now and will write up something on them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment