Okay so while in the petstore I checked out the bargain section and found some Zuke's Mini Bakes for $3.00. There was only one box and it was the cherry and chicken flavor. It was a steal since those treats are normally $6.29 at Mini Pet Mart (where I was) and even if Conker can't eat them Juneau and Sasha can. So I bought them. And a squeaky ball.
The box was kinda busted and taped up so I'm guessing that's why they were marked down to $3. The squeaker ball was $1.49 but that's what I originally went there for so I was expecting that.
Funny thing though, since I kinda go there a lot Conker is pretty much always given a treat of some sort. They aren't the best treats out there, some sort of beef stick thing, but Conker's never had a bad reaction to them so I allow the employees to give him one if he'll get close enough to them to take it. Anywho, the cashier, this young guy who really likes Conker didn't give him one right away and Conker just stood there staring at him. Like he was trying to use his Shiba powers to will the guy to give him a treat. It apparently worked, cause he came around the counter and crouched down and held pieces of the treat out to Conker. Conker was being his normal inside self and wouldn't let the guy touch him but got close enough to stretch out and quickly take the treat from him. This is better than last time where Conker took it and ran. He stuck around this time. Hopefully next time Conker will be a bit less skittish.
Anywho, I'm going to attempt to give Conker one or two of the Mini Bakes and see how he reacts, since they contain TWO things that have given him problems in the past. Chicken and potatoes. You'll know right away if he does have a reaction.
i've been integrating chicken back in here and there with tsuki. it seems with baked chicken she's ok in small increments but with anything chewy or not baked she gets red and itchy.
ReplyDelete