The family is going on a "Memorial" trip to Lake Tahoe at the end of the month. It's for my Dad (died in 2005) and his cousin Glenn who was a firefighter in LA. If you heard about that earlier this year, the firefighter who died when the roof of a house collapsed in him, and the resulting huge service for him afterwards... He was a really neat guy and was fun to be around.
Anyways, we'd be going from the 23rd to the 30th. A whole week! Boarding Conker is NOT an option at all, and I am NOT comfortable leaving him here. He WILL destroy something from boredom or get into something he's not supposed to, and honestly? The backyard fence? He chooses to stay inside. That's how crap of a fence it is. If Conker wanted he could easily escape, which I know he would if he were left here, even with a dog-sitter who was here the whole time.
While he doesn't have bad SA he does have it to a point, and me being gone for a whole week... I'm not willing to find out just how long it takes him to decide to come find me.
While dogs are allowed in the campground (6 foot leash) and State Park itself, they are NOT allowed on the trails or the beaches. I can understand the beaches but the trails? What the hell are people who bring dogs going to do the whole time? Sit around at camp and play 6 foot fetch? Unfortunately my relatives (the problematic ones) have this favorite campground that's super far away from EVERYTHING fun to do at Tahoe that's located in the stupid un-dog friendly Sugar Point State Park.
I know there are some dog-friendly places at Tahoe and I'm going to do some research on them since I'm 100% not going to board or leave Conker. That decision is completely up to me, nobody else, and even if the relatives don't want Conker there if I go, he goes. I'm fine with not doing a couple activities with them (since they always tone everything down and somehow make it un-fun) and finding things to do with just me and Conker. Besides, I did just buy 8 rolls of film, and Lake Tahoe is a gorgeous place. I want to photograph it from the places most people don't go.
I don't know what you've looked into, or if you're interested in advice, but Backpacker.com has some great forums/tripfinder-type info that can be found based on area. Lots of times people are asking for cool dog spots. Sometimes people make blogs, in my case it would be "My Wisconsin Space," or somethin like that, where you can find some hidden, dog-friendly gems.
ReplyDeleteIf I get a vote, I'd say find a place to go with your pal so I can see cool pictures, and so you might find respite from often pleasant but at times overwhelming family activities.
i agree with liz! gotta use that film for something amazing. and share it with us.
ReplyDeleteYes of course! I wanted to try out my Dad's other camera, a newer Mintola (1999, other one is early 1970's) that's got some neat-o automatic settings but the batteries for it cost $12 and I spent all my monies on film. Lame. Anywho, I'm going get those batteries within the next few weeks because the 800 speed film will work much better with the newer camera since it's got auto focus and sport settings. And a closer zoom lens.
ReplyDelete