Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gearlist for Tahoe

I figured I'd post this here since it's dog related.


Essentials:

Leash and spare
Harness and spare
Collar for tags
Crate
Food (6 days minimum, more just-in-case)
Bowls for food and water
Treats
Blanket (if it gets cold)
Cable tie (if allowed)
Toys
Chews
Dog first aid kit



Good to have on hand:

Phone numbers of vets in the area
Blank fliers with Conker's photo (in case he gets lost so I can write one up)
Towel (if we visit the water)



I know I'm missing something...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds thorough to me. In the "good to have on hand" category, I usually bring my dog first aid bible (Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook) so that I can refresh if needed. If you have a smart phone this would probably be unnecessary, but you never know about service.

    If your vet is easy to talk to and whatnot, s/he might also prescribe a very small amount of a painkiller (that Conker has had before and does well on) to tide him over if something happens... might be in your kit anyway.

    I just get all blabby when I hear about trips with dogs. Hope you two have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, didn't mention that the bible stays in the car for it weighs probably two pounds and is giant...

    ReplyDelete