While in Tahoe City I found a small dog store that sold Zuke's Z-Ridge and Z-Bones chews. I bought a bunch since I haven't found them in GP until today. At the little store they sold the Cranberry and Carrot flavored Z-Ridges in medium and large and the new Z-Bones Apple and Cherry flavors in regular.
Zuke's just updated their site today and I guess they are discontinuing the old Z-Ridge since that's what it seems like on the site. I'm a bit miffed since I'm one of those people who's normally a stickler for originals.
Above we have the Original Fresh Breath flavor Z-Ridge in it's neat-o fire-starting mostly-recycled cardboard thingy. Below we've got the new Z-Bone in it's hazardous-if-set-on-fire plastic wrapper. I'm guessing you can tell how I feel about the new packaging by how I described it.
They also dropped the text telling you that: "Litter Matters - Stash Your Trash" something that will make Earth Muffins upset by the switch from eco-board to plastic with no reminder to dispose of the wrapper properly.
Moving on, above we've got five flavors of Zuke's chews. The larger chews on the bottom are the old Z-Ridges and the top are the new Z-Bones. Old chews from left to right: Fresh Breath, Carrot and Cranberry flavors. New chews same order: Cherry and Apple.
Again I'm miffed that Zuke's is probably discontinuing the original line of Z-Ridge chews. However, there is one point that makes me not mind so much. I laid out all five chews and let Conker decide which one he wanted.
Apple. So I took the apple away and let him pick again.
Cherry. Okay, so he likes the new chews. But which one after that?
Carrot. Well carrot comes in both new and old so... Yeah.
Oh well, and when it really comes down to it Conker's taste determines what I get, not how I feel about the new bones.
I did find a place here in GP (the bigger Mini Pet Mart store I hadn't been to before today) that sells Z-Ridge chews and I'm guessing Z-Bones once they run out of those. If Conker will eat them, I'll keep getting the Z-Ridges until the new Z-Bones come in stock.
Hopefully they won't slap the 2.69 Medium Z-Ridge sticker on the smaller Regular Z-Bones. I hate it when people do that.
Review pending on how well they actually help clean teeth,
I tried these for the inus, and they make their poo all bulgy and colorful which makes me think digestion of them isn't so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteDo you have that experience too?
I haven't been able to tell since stupid Sasha has been stealing Conker's chews. Now that I know she does this I might be able to get a better idea on how Conker reacts to them and what his poop is like.
ReplyDelete