Conker and I went for a walk last night. I decided to try something and clipped the d-ring near the handle to the snap and let Conker drag the rest of the leash. He did AWESOME! He was very responsive when he got a few steps too far ahead or lagged behind, stopped when I did when we came to cross streets and didn't chase after the cat we saw across the street (I grabbed the leash then to be safe). When crossing streets I held the leash for obvious reasons but once across I let him drag it again.
I hope Conker will continue to be an a-typical Shiba and be reliable off-leash. The couple times I've taken him off-leash in the creek (where he can't escape) he's done really good as well. No true off-leash excursions until he's a bit older though, I'm not ready for that.
Since I STILL haven't gotten any film (I'm very reluctant to buy Fuji) I've been relearning how to use my stupid point-and-shoot. I still hate the bejeebes out of it and want to kill it every time I touch it. Despite that, I did manage to get a semi-cool shot on our late night walk.
Focus on the sidewalk whoop whoop. Not my intention but hey, it's an automatic with no manual focus whatsoever, no control over the F stop (only quarters of stops from -2 to +2 in auto setting, hardly useful), very little shutter speed control (you can set it at 1, 1.3 1.6 2, 2.5 3.2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13 or 15 seconds or full auto) There is NO ZOOM period and it tends to not focus on the subject. If it does, it's usually not the part I want it to. Like a patch of fur instead of a nose. If for some stupid reason I decide to use the flash I have to wait at least five seconds for it to decide when to go. It used to be instant but now it takes it's sweet time and when photographing dogs you can't do that. Because they move.
No comments:
Post a Comment