She did it again! Conker and Juneau were out in the backyard and sniffing around in the bushes. Conker got that look, the "I'm hunting!" look and Juneau joined in. They were getting closer to the location of their prey when Conker leapt downhill and found the snake. It was attempting to make it into a hole and right as I got there and saw him try to bite it, Juneau swept in and BAM! Bit the snake. Then she did it again, and again, and ended up pulling the snake from the hole it was in.
I could tell from the small glimpses I got of it that the snake was a goner and taking it away now would only have been cruel. So I let Juneau gnaw on it until it was dead. This snake was bigger than the last, probably two feet long. Still a Northwest Garter.
After showing the snake to Mom (who congratulated Juneau) we tossed it into the brush on the other side of the fence and sat around the pool talking about coffee. When all of a sudden...
Juneau was hunting again! This time she was a lot faster than before and she got the snake and killed it in seconds. Conker was running around like a dumbass, probably excited yet annoyed that he didn't get it first, while I examined the snake to make sure it was dead. Remember the first snake Juneau caught? Well, this second snake was that very same snake. The stupid thing didn't learn and this time wasn't so lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment