I've only met Mac a couple times but he is such a cute, sweet little guy that I can't help but write about him. Mac is roughly 8 months old? I can't remember, but he's still very young. He is a Maltese mix and is very fun to watch. He will run like mad around and around the other dogs then stop, spin, run and stop and spin again then take off running across the park. He will dodge under, behind or in front of other dogs and normally gets a pack chasing after him. Then he will walk over to the tables, hop up and be loved on by all the people at the park.
Mac is a type of small dog that I might be able to pull off owning. The only "flaw" that I can think of is the barking. He barks, yaps really, which I can't stand. He will run up to the fence and yap at people or dogs on the other side. his owner told me he also yaps at home for no apparent reason. That's too bad since that is also something I can't stand.
Anyways, he is a very neat little dog. He's about half Conker's size but can be faster at times. Conker loves to chase him around and wrestle if he decided he's suddenly in the mood for playing.
In other news...
The girls ran out of their Lamb flavor yesterday. They haven't tried the Wetlands (duck?) yet so that's what I grabbed at Mini Pet Mart today. One of the employees dogged me down and demanded to give Conker a treat so I let him. He is really fascinated with Conker and loves to ask questions about the Shiba Inu breed every time I come in. He is beginning to seriously conciser getting one despite the negative things I've told him about them. (I always warn curious people about what Shibas truly are) so one of these days I'm going to get up a list of good Northwest breeders and give it to him so if he does get one it's from a good place. (If you know of some tell me who they are, I'd like to know as well)
So the Girls like usual were enthusiastic about their kibble. I'm still not too sure but I believe they've liked the salmon flavor the most but their poops were best on the lamb. I'll compare it to the duck and see how that goes, but I doubt I'm going to stick to any one formula since rotation is a good thing.
I've calculated out that each 15 pound bag lasts roughly 3 weeks with the girls. Juneau eats 2 1/2 cups (she's a ton more active now) and Sasha gets about 1 cup. I've also discovered that the 15 pound bags cost $27.99 at MPM and the 30 pound bags of TOTW cost $40 at the grange. So after this bag I'm most likely going to be getting the larger bags at the Grange since the smaller ones don't really last too long.
mac is cute! my aunt has a maltese/poodle mix that barks a TON! and my neighbor has a poodle/yorkie mix that has the worst shrill yap i've ever heard. I'm so grateful my fancy beagle's bark is infrequent and beagle-esq!
ReplyDeleteMac is a cute mix. =)
ReplyDeleteYeah I don't like that type of barking if I had a dog like that I'd have to train it to not be so barky somehow..
Saya only makes noise when she is wrestling with Bella, Mollie the boxer, or Blue the dachshund.
Bella has been transitioning to Totw lamb and she loves it got to the point where she gets more lamb then wellness core ocean and she has no poop issues or farts which is good..
I'm thinking on trying High Prairie Canine Formula then the duck kind.