I made Conker a toy out of a strip of Pac-man fleece and a tennis ball. I stabbed some holes in the tennis ball then stabbed the fleece through and knotted them on either end. I made what I now call a Four-Legged Spiderball.
The Spiderball is the perfect toy for Conker. He can fetch, tug and shake all he wants with just one toy. These are the kinds of toys I need for him since he doesn't do well with single-purpose toys. The best part about the Spiderball is that it was completely free! I prefer to make toys I see in the stores (if possible) instead of spending roughly $10 on something that's eventually gonna break and need to be replaced.
The Spiderball can easily be chewed apart so it's not recommended for heavy chewers. The Spiderball can be used in water (floats) and is compatible with a Chuckit so dogs who love water or like to retrieve will enjoy this toy. The Spiderball can also be flung by the fleece legs so even those heavy retrievers without a Chuckit can still get some good distance from it.
I plan on making several more Spiderballs with different types of legs. I'll be sure to post about them when they arrive.
In other news...
I made the banner image blue instead of plain ol' black and white. (I know how to do that with real prints HOMG it's so freakin fun) so if you think it looks funky let me know and I'll mess with it a bit more.
oooh cool toy idea! love the pacman fleece too.
ReplyDeletei like the new header.