Today Conker and I went to Riverside Park. I haven't ever been here for anything other than Boatnik and since we went hiking yesterday I figured today would be a cool down day.
Riverside park is pretty nice. It's not huge but it's a good size. The Boatnik fair is held here afterall, complete with rides, food and all that. Anyways, it was a nice shaded walk with relatively few people so Conker wasn't bothered by anyone. There was plenty of new smells for keep him busy for the few who did ntotice him.
The Rouge River itself is actually not too easy to get down to. The bank drops down pretty steeply and there is no actual shoreline on this stretch of the river. Conker and I found a boat launch and visited the river from there.
With a little encouragement (me stepping in and showing him it was okay) Conker walked into the Rouge and pawed at the water. Then he saw the geese. Oops.
After visiting the river we walked around the park for a short while then headed to the Grange. Conker's never been in there before and he did okay. He still doesn't really like to go into buildings but the Grange is more open than Mini Pet Mart.
I found a Ruffwear Approach pack for $24.99 though! It fit Conker PERFECTLY but I lack the money plus with Conker's LP he's not going to be carrying a pack anytime soon. I might hop in there and get one anyways just in case Conker has surgery or I get another Conker-sized dog in the future.
On our way home we stopped at the dog park. There was a Labish dog named Morgan who I've never seen before there then a man with a Cocker Spaniel and some GSD mutt who I have met. I didn't stay too this time. On our way out of the park Conker surprised me by taking off into the creek.
Okay not too surprised but instead of his normal splashing in paw-deep water he jumped into the deep end and swam! He almost never does this on his own nor looks like he's having fun if I make him go in. But this time it was all him and he was loving it. Weirdo.
awesome! my tsuki will swim, but kitsu will not.
ReplyDeletethat river spot is gorgeous.
Really exciting seeing him take to water! Seems like you're doing right by letting him get used to it at his own pace. With plenty of encouragement, of course.
ReplyDelete