That's right. The table. Conker has figured out that there's FOOD on the table, and that we tend to leave plates of scraps on the table. And that he can get ON TOP of the table by jumping up on a pulled out chair or stool. Mom said he licked the breakfast plates clean. So clean that they were shiny. Thankfully it was just eggs and ham and he's had both before with no problems so I doubt he'll have any digestive upsets.
I was asleep when this happened. I just found out a couple minutes ago when Mom came home from shopping for my sister's 16th birthday (tomorrow).
This table conquering has opened up a whole new door. We've got a "bar" that the stools sit near and food is often left on that bar or it's used for preparation. The bar is attached to the counter by the sink and the main counter food is prepared on. If Conker generalizes stool + high place = food, I might have a counter surfer on my hands.
I attributed this event to the beginnings of Conker's true Shiba self-awakening. He is only a year old and has plenty of time to bloom into what a "normal" Shiba is known for. Dun dun dun...
In other news...
Juneau is a snake hunter!
Yesterday she was onto something in the bushes. Conker joined in and when I saw his tail wagging I knew the snake was actually there. About 10-15 minutes later Juneau dashed out of the bush and grabbed the terrified snake and shook it, then dropped it and tried to grab it again. Janelle (oldest sister, now going back to Phoenix) grabbed the snake before Juneau could then gave it to me. The snake was relatively unharmed, though quite frightened, and Juneau had no interest in it once we had it. She was still looking for the "real" snake on the ground. Conker though, he's seen me get four snakes before he did and knows that when it's in my hand the game is over. He tried and tried to jump and snatch the snake but failed every time.
I gave the little snake a good examination to make sure it didn't have any gaping wounds. The end of it's tail was gone, Juneau bit it off (I'm familiar with snake anatomy and it still had the "back end" so it was good) and since it wasn't bleeding profusely I released it on the other side of the fence. Conker was again pissed that another snake escaped him and Juneau got two eggs instead of one in her kibble that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment